05 January 2012

Take More Steps, Eat Less Cake

That is my new diet plan. It's going to be tough cause I really love cake... and ice cream.

I bought a pedometer at Target yesterday. It was an impulse buy (they were on sale), but it's actually kind of fun to see how many steps I've taken. It's recommended that everyone strive to take 10,000 steps per day, so that's what I'm shooting for.

Today was the first day I tried it out and I took 8,500 steps.


It's backwards, but it says 8,500. :)


This was a pretty typical day for me, work from 8:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., nap in the afternoon with Eva (that's not typical...well, sometimes it is), then going to the gym with Ryan and doing 30 minutes of elliptical and 30 minutes on the bike. Obviously the pedometer didn't count "steps" while on the bike, so I think 8,500 was pretty good actually.

Tomorrow should be easy to reach 10,000... teaching from 8:30 - 3:30 and working at the restaurant from 4:00-9:00. I'll definitely have to challenge myself on the weekend, though.

Here's to New Years resolutions...gotta go... some butterscotch bundt cake broccoli is calling my name.

Love, Meghan

No comments: