14 June 2008

Happy Friday the 13th! (well, yesterday)

Question: have you ever craved something so bad that you ran out at night to get it? Well, tonight, I mean last night, I was CRAVING ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins. I don't know if you all know, but it's delicious! It's seriously my favorite cake ever. Anyway, so I was really craving this cake. I was going to the movies with my friend, Jacqueline, so Ryan (the amazing husband that he is) told me he would go get some cake while I was gone. I came home from the movies with a grin on my face cause I knew that he would pull through and I would be enjoying some delicious cake. I got home and to my disappointment there was no cake. BUT, it wasn't his fault. I had accidentally put both sets of car keys in my purse, so he had no way of getting there. Well, I wasn't happy, so I called Baskin Robbins to see what time they closed and the boy of the phone told me 10:00. I glanced at the clock on my computer and noticed it was 9:48, so I thought there's no way I'll make it. So, I figure I'd try Cold Stone (a close second) and found out that they close at 11:00. I convinced Ryan to come with me. As we were pulling out of the driveway I noticed the clock in my car only said 9:50 so I figured there might be a chance to make Baskin Robbins after all. I took off down the road (speeding just slightly) and I was on a mission to get Baskin Robbins ice cream cake. We pulled into the parking light and the neon OPEN was still lit. I thought, "Sweet!" we made it. We go inside and the poor employees had that look on their face like "C'mon, it's 3 minutes until we close!" I know the feeling being in the restaurant industry. It's the worse when you're so close to being done and some jerk comes in at 2 minutes until close. Well, I assured the poor guy that all I wanted was a cake so it should be quick. But then, wait a second, I didn't know what kind of cake I was craving! So, I'm checking out all the cake and there are a bunch with ties on them for father's day and the kid is like "if you want one of these we can take the tie off and replace it with something else." HAHA! I'm thinking to myself "kid, it's for me. I'm not celebrating anything except myself." Of course, I don't admit this to him. I finally pick one and he's like "do you want me to write anything on it?" I should have said, "Yes, please write MEGHAN YOU'RE PATHETIC!" So, I just kinda laugh and say no thanks. He's ringing me up and then it hits... dang, these things are expensive. I don't think I've ever bought one before, just had them for my birthday or something. Regardless, it's the best $26.99 I've ever spent. This cake is divine :) I'm probably going to gain 20 lbs., but I don't care! Take care, everyone!

4 comments:

Hilary said...

Are you pregnant, Meghan? That's a lot of effort for an ice cream cake. Sheesh! They are pretty tasty, though. Thanks for a very entertaining story. Hilary

Ryan said...

That was hilarious! Jolene is a super ice-cream freak and I've seen her go to some pretty great lengths in the name of ice cream. I mean, when are refrigerator was going out, her biggest concern was the ice cream - not the hundreds of dollars in potential food loss.

Heather said...

I get like that too, Mega! But, that just means that we are women who know what we want and that we want it now, right? And as for the ice cream... We are good friends, in fact, I'm going to have a bowl right now! BYE!

Nate and Jenny said...

Nate and I were laughing so dang hard after reading this ice cream adventure. You crack me up and yep, I would do the same thing. Those cakes are yum! Thanks for the good laugh.