19 July 2009

New Digs

So, about a month ago Ryan and I finally moved into our own place! We've been living in Gig Harbor for about 11 months and had been staying with my mom since then. We are SO grateful for her letting us stay at her house for so long!




Here are a couple of pictures of our living room/dining room area. We painted this room and I made curtains. We really didn't have a lot of money to buy new furniture and things, but we got the necessities. We found a couch and chair for $40 and bought some slip covers (these things are dang ugly!). We got a armoire for our T.V. and everything else was hand-me-downs. So, we did pretty good with a budget!

The living room with a new coat of paint and our budget furniture.

I had to try my hand at vinyl lettering (Heth and Jen got me hooked on this :) ).

The curtains I (with the assistance of my mom) made. It's a little dark and hard to see, but I'm proud of them!

Our new bedroom. I also made these curtains. Ryan and I are going to paint our room soon, too.

I had to post of picture of the dreadful organ that Ryan had to have! He actually uses it though, so I can't complain.

2 comments:

Nate said...

I'm so glad you posted some pictures of your new place. You guys did great! I love the curtains. I also think it is hilarious that Ryan bought an organ. Louie cracks me up with his sun spot too. We miss you guys!

Ryan said...

Lou dogg! What's up man. That's awesome you guys moved into your own place. We actually just moved from our own place to my dad's place in Lehi (yes, back to UT.) but with our future being a little uncertain, we didn't want to commit to another year lease. Anyways man. Hope you guys are doing well. Your new place looks pretty sweet. Is that a ukulele I see? When did that start? Better yet, when did the organ start!?