01 March 2009

Once A Month Cooking

Last week I got a new cookbook called "Once A Month Cooking" (I bought it with my b-day gift certificate to Barnes and Noble from Nate and Jenny, so thanks again guys!). This is not a new idea to me, in fact I've been wanting to try this for awhile. So, I got the book and today we cooked. We spent nearly 5 hours between grocery shopping and preparing the meals, but we're pretty excited that we've got dinner ready for a long time. We did a two week plan, but since it's usually just the two of us, we figure we'll be able to stretch this for nearly a month!

Here's the cookbook I got...


$250 worth of groceries...


And a freezer full of ready-to-go dinners. Most of these just require being popped in the over in a casserole dish. Oh, I'm so excited, mostly cause I'm not good at deciding what to make for dinner.

2 comments:

Jolene said...

That sounds like a good idea. I too have a hard time deciding what to have for dinner and Ryan usually isn't that much help in deciding. It would be nice to get it done in one fowl swoop without having to make a mess of the kitchen every night. You definitely have to post about how this goes for you guys. I'm anxious to hear.

Nate and Jenny said...

Nice! You guys are good. I just might have to do the same thing. Let me know how it goes. We are coming to visit you guys but we still need to figure out the dates. We will be in touch...