01 December 2008

It's been awhile...

Hello everyone! My husband reminded me tonight that it's been awhile since I've blogged. My response was, "I have nothing to blog about." So, as I sit here on the couch with laptop in lap watching t.v., I figure the least I can do is exercise my mind slightly by blogging.

So, what have we been up to?

I'm into about the third month of teaching preschool. It's finally getting a little easier and my kids are learning the rules and routines more each day which is awesome! I guess I underestimated how "hard" school really is for a 3 or 4 year old. All they want to do is play, play, play and run, run, run and all they hear all day is "use your inside voice," and "use your walking feet." Poor kids :) Anyways, it's going well. My kids come to school four days a week for 3 1/2 hours each day. We feed them two meals, which for some of the children I work with, are the only decent meals they get all week. We play outside, sing a lot of songs, read a lot of stories, do fun art projects, etc. It's really a lot of fun! ... most of the time :)

On top of that, I just started a part-time serving job at Canterwood Golf and Country Club which is actually the place where we had our wedding reception. I've been working 3-4 nights a week in their restaurant. I imagine I'll be working some banquets here soon since the holiday season is in full swing. We had a huge Thanksgiving buffet... I wasn't thrilled about working on Thanksgiving, but it worked out well.

And the most current, very, very exciting news I have for everyone is ... drum roll please ...

I GOT MY BRACES OFF!!

(I bet Heather was hoping I would say I was pregnant :) )

I'm pretty excited about it! And the best part was what my sweet husband said to me when he saw me, "I just remembered how much I love your smile." :)

Well, now that I've exhausted the :) I will leave you with this...

Happy December! I absolutely love the holidays and I would be perfectly happy if we played Christmas music year round! Love to everyone!

3 comments:

Nate and Jenny said...

It was so good to get a little update. We miss you guys tons! I need some ideas of what to get you for Christmas so if you have any send them my way. :) It sounds like life is busy for you guys. I don't know how you have the patience for 3 and 4 year olds everyday. You are amazing! Love ya!

Hilary said...

Ryan, my brother, said something that sweet and romantic? I'm so proud of that guy! We hope we can see you both soon. Ryan and I talked about Sunday the 14th (Carter's birthday). Can't wait to see your smile! Hilary

Heather said...

So, I haven't had internet for awhile, and I suck at bloggin and checking blogs, but Kyle was checkin and I had to see what was up with our fam! Happy times at the preschool. I couldn't do it, but I know you are absolutely great at it! :) Congrats on the slimy teeth and yes you were right... I thought you were gonna say that you were pregnant. Dangit! Anyways, miss you! Bye!